NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING BY MEANS OF ELECTROMAGNETIC PROCEDURES
TESTING DEVICE QUASOR
Individual test programs as well as communication between test device and CNC-device ensure a smooth and correct test process.
- maximum flexibility in adaption towards the inspection task
- determination of material properties and / or irregularities / errors on the surface and in volume (e.g. grinding burn detection by means of eddy-current testing)
- suitable for rotationally symmetric as well as for plane test objects
- wide range of object dimensions (diameter 20mm up to 400mm, max. height 200mm)
- automatized testing process with internal communication between testing device and motion unit (manual exchange of test objects)
- automatized quality assessment of the test object (okay – not okay)
- applicable to diverse examination procedures (QuaSor E:ET, but UT as well and so on)
- CE marked for optimum adherence to work safety regulations
For non-destructive testing of rotationally-symmetric components such as roller bearing rings, camshafts and so on reference blocks with defined inserted artificial inhomogeneities/reference defects are required.
For this purpose imq has developed a procedure which allows the insertion of such reference defects into components reproducibly by means of LASER treatment. The specifications of those artificial inhomogeneities such as type (e.g. tempering zone and new curing zone) and extension are defined according to customer requirements.
The imq reference block can be applied
- for the adjustment of the required testing sensitivity and monitoring of the inspection process
- for comparison and assessment of various non-destructive testing methods for nital etching according to ISO 6336 and for non-destructive testing
- for round-robin trials for comparison of different laboratories